We got the chance to visit Buenos Aires with a local, my beautiful friend Florencia 😉 Here is what she advises on seeing in her amazing city
What to do.
- Walk around downtown Buenos Aires. Start with the Historical Plaza de Mayo facing the Casa Rosada. Then enter the impressive Catedral Metropolitana. Learn about Argentina history in the Museo Histórico Nacional del Cabildo y la Revolución de Mayo. Finally, head toward Avenida 9 de Julio to the Obelisco and surroundings.
- Visit the Barrio de La Boca, the most colorful area of Buenos Aires.
- Walk around the hip neighborhood of Barrio Palermo.
- Discover Barrio Recoleta and stop by the Centro Cultural Recoleta.
- And, if you have a car, go to San Isidro. It is a lovely town in the north of Buenos Aires by the river. Enjoy the calm street and stop by the Catedral.
Where to eat.
- Oporto Almacen – Delicious Argentinian food and great wines
- El Cuartito – a historical pizza restaurant founded in 1934
- La Barrica Restaurant in La Boca
- Malloy’s Bar in San Isidro on the Beach
Where to stay.
We stayed at the NH Florida. This hotel has a great central location. Offering a large and delicious breakfast buffet and super comfortable rooms.
My Photography Round-Up of Buenos Aires
Love it? Pin it!